Friday, September 30, 2011

Year of the Monkey

Year of the Monkey - one in a series of 12 Chinese Zodiac Animals: "Chan's Shengxiao".  This is a Golden Monkey from China; he became one of the show's favorite paintings, and found a lucky home with someone born in the year of the Monkey!

My Pastor and his wife gifted me with a set of blank postcards for Christmas. I proceeded to paint a frog, then Jenna's pet snake. It struck me that I could paint the12 zodiac animals since I had a whole stack to go. Sometime after I started the series, I noticed the corner of the set had bite marks.  Perhaps it was Jenna's dog at it again, I was told he licked "Hong Kong at Night"- another story! I don't think it was my Nephew. Indeed, some paintings (ironically, yes, "The Year of the Dog") have tooth marks in the corner.  In this work-in-progress photo, the monkey was small with a green background.  At my Dad's and Jenna's request, I agreed that he did was not up to par with the rest of the series and decided to re-paint him.

No comments: